P-is not pudding.
[谚]恭维不能当饭吃。
Spanish rice was really very awful!
西班牙的米饭实在不敢恭维,太难吃了!
But they can't eat the memory of last year."
但是,他们不能把去年的记忆当饭吃
We should eat to live and not live to eat.
我们应当为活着而吃饭,不应为吃饭而活着。
When I didn't eat much for dinner,
当我吃饭吃得不多的时候,
"This time, at least, I do not deserve your thanks.
“那次的事,您的恭维实在使我担当不起。
Operating in the Central Plains, the hundreds of thousands of our men there need food and clothing. If we neglect industry and commerce, we shall not be able to move forward at all.
我大军在中原,几十万人要吃饭,要穿衣,不注意工商业,根本不能维持。
Perhaps most people are willing to cook, eat, and from time to time, ponder becoming a chef.
大多数人可能更愿意不厌其烦地做饭,吃饭,并时不时琢磨着当一当美食家。
There's really no call for it. A quick temper is not going to fill your belly.
一点也不必,火气壮当不了吃饭。
The painter had to pawn his watch to pay for a meal.
这位画家不得不把表当掉买顿饭吃。
Simultaneity and Syncretism of Productivity and Relations of Production -And a Refutation Against "Proprietorship is No Bread for living;
论生产力和生产关系的同时性和融合性——兼驳“所有制不能当饭吃”
His gifts at least were worth a little money.
我怎么能当天就有饭吃呢?
Can you do with cold mutton for lunch?
你能凑合着吃点冷羊肉当午饭吗?
"I hope to be captain without that," said Dantès.
“我希望不恭顺也能当船长。”唐太斯说。
You heroes are ever flatterers, returned Fulvia, hastening to appropriate the compliment specially to herself.
你们英雄总是拍马奉承的能手,福尔维亚忙不迭地把这句恭维话当作特别为她而说的。
I didn't feel like going out for dinner.
当时我不想到外面去吃饭。
We can't eat the cocoons, and our creditors are pressing hard!
茧子当不得饭吃,蚕前的债又逼紧来
During lunch Miss Sun received so much praise from her traveling companions that her face shone like the sun rising in the eastern sky.
吃那顿中饭的时候,孙小姐给她的旅伴们恭维得脸像东方初出的太阳。
CopyRight © 2020-2024 优校网[www.youxiaow.com]版权所有 All Rights Reserved. ICP备案号:浙ICP备2024058711号